User Experience Designer
Did you eat your veggies last night? Or have some fruit for breakfast? If so, there’s a good chance iTrade Network had a hand in it. Our products move produce and other grocery items across the supply chain from field to fork, touching 15% of the world’s food supply in the process.
Our small team is avid about the people and processes that put food on our plates each day, and we’re looking for a fellow designer to help shape the future of grocery. If you’re someone who likes to balance time in the office with time in the field (literally!), this might be the job for you.
iTradeNetwork is a global provider of supply chain management solutions for the food and beverage industry. We bring simplicity and agility to complex supply chains with our cloud-based software.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to join our team in our Dublin, CA office.
- Re-imagine “enterprise supply chain software” from end to end
- Solve interesting and complex problems that have real-world impact
- Design for a multi-device ecosystem, with seamless task handoff
- Future-think new ways of working, including wearables
- See the fruits of your labor directly with metrics you help devise, such as reduced need for training and increased feature adoption
- Work with great people hungry for what you have to offer and eager to collaborate and strive
- Small company energy, culture, and numbers with large company stability in desirable East Bay/Tri Valley location (Dublin – access to BART)
- Conduct a range of user research activities like field visits, contextual walkthroughs, and concept and usability tests
- Translate user insights and research findings into design goals and objectives
- Produce a range of UX deliverables to help communicate process and design, such as customer journeys, personas, and mental models
- Use prototyping tools to create interfaces, interactions, and workflows rooted in user needs and goals using a common pattern set
- Present your designs and rationale to stakeholders and customers
- Provide deliverables on-time and on-spec
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to troubleshoot and explore alternatives
- Serve as UX lead on a project basis and drive usability efforts throughout the development cycle
- 5 – 7 years in UX or similar user-centered interface design role
- MS or BA/BS in Human Factors & Ergonomics Engineering, Interaction Design, Interface Design, Graphic Design, Communication Design or equivalent
- Experience with user research activities (contributing and directing)
- Demonstrated instances of transforming user insights into effective designs
- Ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges
- Comfortable giving and taking constructive feedback across a cross-functional team
- Ability to provide thought leadership within your knowledge domain and promote operational excellence across the organization
- Knowledge of technology advantages and limitations (we are using Bootstrap/Angular 2)
- Experience with designing and launching multiple products and major features from start to finish
- Experience shipping complex software, web and mobile products within milestone deadlines
- Graphic/visual design capabilities are a strong plus
Must have unrestricted ability to work in the United States.
iTradeNetwork, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability.
Resumes should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org